Friends, this post could not wait.
I made this delicious, summertime appetizer for my family this evening and it was so amazing, I had to share it with you immediately.
Goat cheese and basil bruschetta with honey drizzle (10 minutes)
- 1 french baguette, sliced thin (I only used 1/2 of the baguette)
- 3 ozs of plain goat cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh whole basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons of good quality honey
- 1 TBS Greek yogurt
- 1 TBS red pepper flake
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Mix goat cheese, Greek yogurt, chopped basil, salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of the honey together until well blended and smooth.
Spread mixture on the sliced baguette pieces.
Place one small basil leaf on top of each piece of bruschetta. Drizzle honey lightly over each piece and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
Pour your favorite summertime beverage (mine was a delicious French Rose), and pop one of these in your mouth and then exhale, mmmm. Hello, summer!